Western Corridor Advisor at NCGA
Job Title: Western Corridor Advisor
NCGA seeks a Corridor Advisor to serve as the primary link to NCGA co-ops in the western United States and support continual operational and retail improvement. This position will help develop and facilitate national and regional programs and events, facilitate peer support and peer accountability, and ensure a positive experience for all NCGA co-ops.
Candidate must be flexible and able to excel in a fast-paced, high-performance environment; have proven communication and organizational skills; and be able to provide both internal and external customer service to meet business needs.
The position will be located in the Portland, OR area, will report to the National Co-op Development Manager. This position will require up to 30% travel.
- Communication between NCGA and NCGA co-ops – Deliver information about NCGA programs, services, and other relevant information through one-on-one communication, regular weekly messages, and national and regional meetings. Communicate co-op feedback, important news, and business updates back to NCGA.
- Monitor business performance –Monitor key performance indicators and evaluate regional and individual co-op business performance to identify trends and meet common development needs. Facilitate peer accountability to address problems and manage risk.
- Help plan and support regional corridor programs and activities – help create and carry out regional business development plans to address challenges and improve corridor trends. Help develop and support regional initiatives, activities, and routine business.
- Support regional corridor teams – Work with corridor team to identify and address critical regional issues and challenges and drive growth.
- National events and programs – Work on the Co-op Development Team to create and carry out a work plan and budget to support continual improvement of service to all co-ops.
- Understanding of retail food operations, including basic financial analysis.
- Familiarity with and understanding of consumer cooperatives
- Ability to mentor co-op managers (department and general managers) and support their needs
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Skill and experience in building consensus among diverse groups and managing projects to meet diverse needs.
- Computer literacy with Microsoft office as well as basic data analysis
- Work experience in natural foods industry
- Experience with co-operatives
- Experience managing resources within budgetary limitations
- Demonstrated ability to be resourceful with funding
Please be advised that no materials will be returned and applicants missing requested materials may not be considered. Applicant information will be kept confidential during the screening process, excepting references provided by applicant.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, along with a great opportunity for the right individual.
About: NCGA is a member-owned, equal opportunity, national cooperative providing a variety of business services to retail food co-ops in 38 states. NCGA provides a fast-paced, dynamic work environment. Proudly, we are a group of passionate, intelligent, and hard-working people looking to help our member co-ops improve the food supply and grow the cooperative economy. NCGA is well-suited for talented individuals looking to make a difference in our world through their work.