Weavers Way Co-op is seeking candidates for the position of Chief Financial Officer (CFO).
Reporting to the General Manager, the CFO is a senior-level management position responsible for the planning, development, and implementation of policies and programs necessary for the effective management of the company’s financial affairs.
A short list of key responsibilities includes the following:
- Direct the treasury, accounting systems, and financial planning of the company.
- Initiate and coordinate necessary and appropriate accounting policies and controls.
- Maintain the company’s funds and cash management.
- Direct the preparation of financial reports and budgets.
- Coordinate year-end external audit.
- Provide financial guidance to general manager, management team, and the board of directors.
- Participate in the planning of corporate growth.
- Manage the other members of our finance and accounting staff.
The successful candidate will possess a combination of some of the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent. Advanced degree or CPA preferred.
- 7 + years’ experience in financial management.
- Experience in the retail food industry highly preferred.
- Experience with other kinds of retail acceptable in lieu of actual retail food industry experience.
- Strong communication and team building skills.
- Familiarity and comfort with computer hardware and financial software applications.
- High standards of business ethics.
- An entrepreneurial spirit.
Founded in 1973, Weavers Way operates highly successful natural food retail stores with locations in Mt. Airy and Chestnut Hill. Our recently completed five year Strategic Plan calls on us to capitalize on our past success to keep us competitive in the dynamic and fast-changing natural foods industry.
In addition to our stores, we operate our own farm (the largest in Philadelphia), a monthly community newspaper, and a non-profit that emphasizes issue related to nutrition and food justice. Interested candidates are highly encouraged to learn more about us at www.weaversway.coop prior to applying.
For consideration, please forward us your resume. We read and appreciate all cover letters.