New Orleans Food Co-op is located in Downtown New Orleans, walking distance to the world famous French Quarter and just blocks from the Mississippi River. We are the first and only natural foods retail cooperative in the state of Louisiana. We opened our doors just 2 1/2 years ago and with over 3,500 owners, have strong support from our community.
We are looking for an experienced Produce Manager to help lead our Produce team of 4 into a successful 3rd year and beyond.
Join our team and help us take our co-op to the next level as we advance a Mission and Ends Statements that you can believe in!
TOGETHER WE: Provide access to healthy food at a fair price; Are a center of community activity; Promote local and regional food production; Keep capital and jobs in our community; Practice environmental responsibility and sustainability; Reflect our unique and diverse community.
Our ENDS Statements
Adopted by your Board of Directors, 5/15/12
The New Orleans Food Co-op exists so that we have a healthy and thriving community. Because of all we do:
* Our community, regardless of income has access to healthy food.
* Regional farmers and producers are linked in a relationship with consumers.
* The diversity of our community is represented.
* Economically and environmentally sustainable practices are supported.
* Our community understands the cooperative model and experiences its economic and social value.
* Community members, staff, and owners have a sense of pride, belonging, and fellowship in their cooperative.
* Our community is knowledgeable about healthy eating and how their food is produced.
* wages based on experience
* 15% discount on groceries
* paid time off
* medical, dental, & vision insurance
* professional development opportunities
* meaningful work
* and more!
For more information and a complete job description, visit our website at www.nolafood.coop
For more information about the neighborhood and what's happening in New Orleans, check out some of these links