General Manager Opening
Organization: Hampden Park Cooperative
Organization location: St Paul, Minnesota
Hampden Park Cooperative (St. Paul, Minnesota) is a grocery store based on sustainable principles. We support local producers, carry a wide range of organic and eco-friendly products, and value a volunteer system. We are seeking an energetic and creative community-minded leader to serve as our General Manager.
The successful applicant will be working with a dedicated staff of twenty and more than 400 volunteer member-owners. The position reports to the Board of Directors, which is elected by the members of the Co-op (currently numbering over 3,000). The right candidate will possess the skills, experience, enthusiasm, and capacity for innovation to guide the Co-op through organizational expansion and community engagement. This is a full-time, salaried position.
A desirable applicant will have some experience managing a food or retail business and a passion for our vision of a place to obtain locally grown and healthy food, as well as the following characteristics:
• Management experience in a retail food store
• Personal and professional values that align with cooperative principles
• Ability to work in a diverse environment and to utilize inclusive practices
• Ability to develop and implement a vision
• Ability to adapt to a dynamic work place and to perform in a variety of roles
• Ability to motivate, leads, and coordinates people to promote cooperation
• Understanding and ability to communicate the components of financial statements
• Some operating, capital, and cash budgeting experience
• Ability to develop systems and conduct strategic planning
• Ability to be proactive and to maintain momentum for growth and change
• Proficiency in use of Microsoft Word, Excel, QuickBooks, and Google Drive
• Experience in retail natural foods management
• Experience in retail food co-op management
• Ability to build teams
• Experience selling in a highly competitive market
• Some understanding of the “local food” movement
Please apply for this position by submitting an online form for Employment at Hampden Park Co-operative as well as an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org that includes:
1. A cover letter that details your qualifications for the position
2. Your résumé
Please direct all questions to the above e-mail address and we will communicate relevant details as the search moves forward. Priority consideration will be given to applications received by May 16, 2014, but applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled.
Mark Chapin, Search Committee Chair
***Hampden Park Coop does not and will not discriminate, in employment or in any other activities or operations, based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender identification or expression, marital or familial status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual or affectional orientation, membership or activity in a local commission, disability, or age.