Date of Posting 12.30.2013
Position Title Purchasing Specialist (position # )
Salary $12.25 per hour
Hours Full time – 35+ hours per week
Job Summary The Purchasing Specialist has responsibility for all buying functions of Mariposa, working closely with buyers across departments and, an active member of the Staff Collective.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including customer service, conflict resolution, creative problem solving, crisis prevention and intervention, critical thinking, and decision making
- Establishes guidelines for buyers to purchase products with prices, terms, quality and delivery that meet goals for sales, margin, turnover, and also comply with product selection criteria and the Mariposa Mission
- Convenes regular buyer’s meetings to collaborate on Mariposa sales goals, margin, turnover and to strategize best practice based on buyer experience and research
- Full engagement as a responsible member of the Co-op’s Staff Collective structure, seeking to proactively and consistently improve the Co-op
- Communicate with Grocery and Produce Coordinators and lead Receiver about staffing, receiving and stocking
- Set and achieve target margins, in consultation with Finance Department, as approved by Operations Committee
- Works closely with Financial Manager to monitor sales, margin, turnover, buyer labor and other data
- Coordinates with Front End Department to ensure that POS data is accurately entered and maintained
- Continually reviews product line to ensure that guidelines are being effectively implemented
- Collaborates with buyers on store layout and product locations that produce best sales volume as well as shopping ease and operational efficiency in consultation with Grocery, Facilities and Produce Coordinators and, the Operations Committee
- Liaises with Membership and Marketing Department to ensure coordination on sales and promotions
- Surveys competition to evaluate value to shoppers of products stoked and advises Department Coordinators of changes as needed
- Knowledge of Cooperative Grocery principles and experience working in a cooperative environment
- Ability to understand and maintain compliance with state, local and Mariposa personnel and labor policies and standards
- Acts as National Cooperative Grocers Association liaison; coordinates Co-op Deals program
The Purchasing Coordinator reports to the Grocery Coordinator and, Staff Collective.
If interested, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
This position description is a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, might be part of the job.