Interim General Manager
The Good Earth Food Coop is seeking an Interim General Manager for a 6 to 12 month period to sustain store operations and support a thriving co-op community. We are seeking a leader with demonstrated experience leading a team through a period of significant growth. The IGM reports to the board of directors (BOD), which is elected by the members of the cooperative and employs policy governance for its leadership structure. An electronic copy of our current policy manual is available to all applicants upon request.
The IGM has the authority to hire, direct, structure, and evaluate all other staff. If the IGM chooses to apply for the General Manager position they will be given due consideration will all other candidates.
An initial review of applications will be completed January 7, 2014 at 6 pm. Position open until filled.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Interim General Management will work to enhance the success of the Co-op through development of a positive work environment and a vibrant, healthy community store. The IGM works collaboratively in accordance with the Co-op's mission statement and the Cooperative Principles to promote and advance the vision, mission, and goals of the Co-op as described in our bylaws and policy governance. The IGM is hired by and reports to the board of directors and is held accountable for the following areas of responsibility: board-management linkage, planning, finance, operations, membership and outreach, and personnel.
COMPENSATION: Salary and benefits commensurate with experience
- Minimum of two years experience in management.
- Personnel experience (training, scheduling, personnel policies, performance evaluation, and coaching).
- Effective leadership skills; strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective customer service skills.
- Experience with retail operations, cash flow, and capital expense budgets.
- Proficiency with computers and programs including spreadsheet and word processing applications.
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic workplace.
- Familiarity with or willingness to learn about the cooperative business model, as well as a commitment to the mission of the Good Earth Food Co-op and enthusiasm in promoting it.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: http://www.goodearthfoodcoop.coop