Prepared Food Manager
Marquette Food Co-op is seeking an experienced and motivated deli manager to oversee the establishment of a prepared food deli. Our Co-op is part of a larger food community; we offer a marketplace for locally grown organic produce and serve as a link that allows customers to support local family farmers. The deli manager is expected to play a large part in this.
With annual store sales of $5m, the deli manager will be responsible for effectively and efficiently managing all aspects of the current deli operations while playing a significant role in the development of our full service grocery deli at our new location set to open in early 2014.
Our ideal candidate will have outstanding customer service skills, experience managing staff in a food preparation/service setting, knowledge of natural foods and dietary needs, excellent time management and prioritization skills, working knowledge of food service financials, familiarity with Cooperative Principles and demonstrated communication skills.
Minimum 3 years experience.
Salary range: $28,000- $41,000, based on experience.
The ideal candidate would possess the following qualifications:
• Management experience in a high volume food production facility
• Hands on experience in procedure/recipe writing from concept to reality
• Ability to train and give consistent feedback to staff
• Commitment to quality control and product integrity
• Working knowledge and understanding of food service financials and food service software
• Experience in ordering and receiving product
• Ability to develop working par systems and cost control
• Some knowledge of natural foods and dietary needs
• Outstanding Customer Service skills
• Familiarity of Cooperative Principles
The Prepared Food Manager will be responsible for the creation of the Prepared Food Department within the Marquette Food Coop. This is a unique opportunity and is perfect for an individual who possesses an entrepreneurial spirit.
Job description and applications available at: www.marquettefood.coop
Resumes will be accepted until position is filled.