Grocery Department Manager
CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR A GROCERY DEPARTMENT MANAGER
To purchase, price and promote products and to ensure adequate receiving and stocking of grocery items and to supervise buying, receiving, and stocking by grocery department staff to meet objectives for sales, margin, inventory turns, labor, product selection guidelines and customer service.
• Negotiating with suppliers and purchasing grocery items following product selection guidelines.
• Stocking, merchandising, & ensuring product freshness in: packaged, refrigerated, frozen, bulk, & non-food grocery.
• Researching local products & supporting the development of the co-op's product selection.
• Supervising department staff.
• Providing a welcoming environment, excellent customer service, and prompt, accurate check out for our owners and community members.
• wages based on experience
• medical, dental, & vision insurance
• 15% discount on groceries
• paid time off
• other benefits
Learn more about the co-op, read the full job description, and apply online at www.nolafood.coop or at the store. Position open until filled. Please note that we must receive an application (not just a resume) to be considered.
good food, real people, meaningful jobs
make a living cooperatively!