Store Operations Manager
Now Hiring! Full-time Store Operations Manager
We are currently accepting applications for a permanent Store Operations Manager. This process of reviewing applications will begin September 10. Eastside Food Co-op is located in the heart of a vibrant, diverse urban community, Northeast Minneapolis. Northeast is a “small town in a big city,” offering community minded and friendly people around every nook and cranny. Northeast also boasts a nationally recognized Arts community. The co-op has been an anchor business on Central Avenue since 2003, and we are planning for expansion, that’s how much we love our ‘hood! (And, it loves us!)
About Eastside Food Co-op:
Eastside Food Co-op's store is 4000 retail square feet staffed by more than 60 employees who help to generate $8,000,000 in annual sales. We have over 4500 wonderful owner-members who we serve with pride. We use a "policy governance" system of leadership. Eastside Food Co-op is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEOE).
To manage and direct sales floor operations, meeting all objectives and goals, ensuring efficient daily store operations, prompt, friendly, knowledgeable customer service. To oversee the management of assigned departments to meet goals for sales, margin, labor and customer service, to serve as a member of the Management Team, and to support the achievement of the Co-op’s Ends policies.
Reports to General Manager. Supervises Front End Manager, Grocery Manager, Produce Manager, Prepared Foods Manager, Fresh Foods Manager, Wellness Manager. Salary: $42,000 + DOE
Below are some of the specific duties of the Store Operations Manager.
I. PLANNING AND FINANCE
- Participate in development of the Annual Business Plan and the annual operating, capital and cash budgets for store.
- With General Manager, set objectives for department sales, margin, turns and labor costs.
- Review department financial performance reports with managers regularly and help them plan corrective actions as needed in order to ensure they hit their goals.
- Set department productivity goals and routinely monitor sales per labor hour and margin minus labor by department.
- Using Category Management data, work with Department Managers to create plans to manage inventory turns by department.
- Ensure that all staffing plans can be supported by sales volume before hiring decisions are made.
- Ensure a strong management presence in store at all times
- Ensure that all sales floor managers are aware of all relevant internal and external trends.
- Ensure consistent product and purchasing guidelines for the organization.
- Maintain store standards for prompt, friendly, helpful customer service.
- Ensure security of customers, staff, building and inventory.
- Ensure compliance with all government regulations relative to retail activities
- Hire and evaluate department manager positions.
- Approve hiring decisions/staffing plans for sales department managers.
- Working with the HR Department, ensure all store employees receive adequate orientation, safety training and on-the-job training.
- Ensure all sales floor employees receive timely and meaningful performance evaluations.
5. Take disciplinary action with department managers as needed following established policies.Review and analyze department payroll to ensure appropriate staffing plans and expense.
- Supervisory experience: hiring, training, scheduling, evaluating, firing.
- Significant years of retail store management experience— preferably in the natural foods industry.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, active listener.
- Detailed functional knowledge of computer applications; proficiency with spreadsheets.
- Ability to read financial statements: experience in establishing margins and pricing.
- Demonstrated initiative, leadership ability.
- Ability to provide effective leadership for a group especially in facilitating effective group process for planning and implementing team plans and strategies.
- Ability to handle multiple demands.
- Demonstrated ability to follow through on commitments.
- Regular, predictable attendance.
- Willingness to grow to meet the changing requirements of the job.
- Knowledge of sustainable agriculture and natural foods.
• Staff discount
• Paid Time Off
• 401(k) Socially Responsible Retirement Plan
• Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
• Health/Dental/Life/AD&D, Long Term Disability
• Free Classes/Training
Must submit an application packet (applications available in-store and on website, www.eastsidefood.coop) consisting of the application, resume and a cover letter to Human Resources
E-mail: HR@eastsidefood.coop or mail to: K. Gronquist/HR Dept., Eastside Food Co-op,
2551 Central Ave NE, Mpls. MN 55418
Position open until filled