If you need assistance, please email us at email@example.com, or call 612-436-9166.
INDEX OF HELP TOPICS
FOR CGN ACCOUNT MANAGERS
1. How do I change my password?
After logging in, go to your "Account Settings" tab. Enter your password twice and press save at the bottom.
2. I forgot my password. How do I get a new one?
Click on the member login button and select "Request new password" above the login area. It will direct you to a page in which you enter the email associated with your account. After entering the email, the site will send out a temporary, one-time login. Then you can go to "Account Settings" and enter your new password and save. If you enter your email and do NOT receive the temporary login, your email is most likely different than the one we have. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for help.
3. How do I edit my account?
After you login, you will be directed to the Dashboard. Simply click on the "Account Settings" tab and update your information and customize your settings.
4. How do I edit my profile?
After you login, you will be directed to the Dashboard. Simply click on "Edit" within the "Profile" tab. Add a photo, fill out your position title and other information you want to share. Your profile is open to members only and is not viewable by the public.
5. How do I get back to my Dashboard?
Scroll up to the top of the site and in the upper right you'll see a dark green box listing links for your Dashboard, Account, Profile and Help as well as a place to logout.
6. How do I logout?
Scroll up to the top right of the site and find a dark green utility box. click "Logout" on the very right. You may also type "logout" after www.cooperativegrocer.coop/logout.
7. Who is the Account Manager for my co-op/organization?
Find your CGN Account Manager by logging in, clicking the "Profile" tab and selecting your co-op or organization under "Co-op Membership." From there, go to the menu on the right and select "View board & staff." You will see your CGN account manager listed as admin.
8. What happens when I leave the co-op/organization but still want to be on the site?
Your CGN Account Manager will remove you from the co-op/organization and then will notify CGN. If your old email was provided by your co-op or organization, you will have to create a new account with a new email address. With your new account you can see the public side of the site, view jobs, purchase resources and participate in the Public discussion group. You will not be able to join member-only discussion groups or see documents in the library.
For step-by-step instructions on basic account questions, see the attached PDF, Quick Start.
1. Why can't I see library items? All I see is a blank page.
You must have a user account and login to see the resources.
2. How can I find my co-op?
There are a few ways to find your co-op:
- After you login, you'll see your co-op on the Dashboard's right menu under "Member of Co-op(s)."
- Click on the "Profile" tab in your Dashboard and click on the co-op under "Co-op Membership."
- Type in the name of your co-op into the search box in the upper right.
- Select "Directory" from the top navigation menu and scroll down the list that is organized by state or use the search fields.
3. What if I want to send a private message to a fellow cooperator?
Login to the site. Go to the Directory page and go to the right menu. Click on "Co-op People" and find the person you are looking for. Once you select the person, click on the blue "Send Message" button to send a private message. (Note: You must be logged in to see "Co-op People" in the menu.) You can also find a person by typing the name in the search field.
If you know the person has an account on CGN, another way is from your Dashboard. Select the Messages tab, then Write New Message. Start typing the member's name in the "To" field until the correct name comes up as an option.
5. Where are the Toolboxes? Livable Wage Model? Co-op Discussion Course?
Go to the Library and look to the right menu. All of the above can be found under "Resources for Purchase." You can also go to Marketplace and purchase them there as well.
FOR CGN ACCOUNT MANAGERS
1. How do I add staff and board?
Sign into CGN. Then, click on the "Profile" tab on your dashboard. Select the name of your co-op, and then go to the right menu area "Manage Co-op." Select "Add users" and then type in the names and email addresses according to the instructions. Once your users have been added, go back to the "Manage Co-op" menu and select "Edit your users." From that point, you will see a list of your newly added users. Do the following:
- Check the boxes for staff only and then go to bulk operations.
- Choose "Give user staff role," press execute.
- You will return to the list. The users will have Member Participant (a mandatory default role given by the site) and Staff next to their names.
- Follow the above instructions for board but select "Give user board role."
2. What is Admin:Create?
Account managers can assign an admin role to a staff member. This role allows the staff member to update the co-op profile and add users to the site.
3. How do I remove staff and board?
Sign into CGN. Then, click on the "Profile" tab on your dashboard. Select the name of your co-op, and then go to the right menu area "Manage Co-op." Select "Edit your users." Then find the staff or board member you want to remove and click "Remove membership." Confirm. Then send an email to email@example.com and let the administrator know who you removed. This allows the administrator to remove your users' access to staff- and board-only areas.
To join the following groups, you need to request membership using our Discussion Group Subscription form.
Except for the Human Resouces Group, membership is not vetted. Though we encourage open and cross Group participation, please respect and participate appropriately. We expect to be able to offer more private and creation of ad hoc Discussion Groups in the near future. Until then, please be aware any proprietary or sensitive discussion should be held offline.
- CGN General Group (formerly our CGN Basic or Public group)
- CGN Deli
- CGN HABA
- CGN Information Technology (IT)
- CGN Membership & Marketing
- CGN Operations
- CGN Food Co-op Board of Directors (board members only, please)
Note: As we transition to web-based Discussion Groups, email listserve groups will remain active until August 1, 2013.
For the HR group, your position must involve HR duties. To join, fill out the HR screening form.
3. How do I delete a discussion?
The group leader is the only person who can remove the discussion. Go to your group and click on "View Members" in the right menu. The group leader is the first person listed. You will see "Administrator" listed underneath his or her name. Click on the name and click on the blue bar, "Send Message." Type a message to the group leader detailing the name of the discussion you started and what date you posted it. The group leader will then delete it. Watch the help video.
4. How do I leave a group?
To leave a discussion group, go to the navigation on the right and select "Edit membership." Select "Leave this group" and confirm when the site asks if you really want to leave the group. Watch the help video.
5. How do I add members to my group?
You can add members by inviting them. Go to the right menu inside your discussion group. Select "Invite Members" and enter the email addresses or the usernames if you know them. The member will receive an email and a link to join the discussion.
6. Can I terminate a member in the discussion who is not using good group etiquette?
If you are the group leader, you can remove a member of the group by going under "Manage Discussion Group" and selecting "Administer group participants." Find the member in the list and check the box next to the name. Then select "Remove membership" and confirm it.
If you are not the group leader, you must contact the leader to request that another member leave the group.
7. How do I find my group leader?
Go to your group. On the right, select "View members" and look for the person with "admin" listed. Click on his or her name and then click on "Send Message" button. You can then write a private message to this person.
8. How do I change my group notifications?
Click on "Account Settings" and go to the Messaging and Notifications Settings section. You can change how you receive emails, the send interval and whether you want notifications enabled for your groups.